Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fall 2006: Shiny and New

Behold, this fall season offers shiny and new events. Britney's birthing; Rosie back on television, Suri unveiled--with a toupee; Jessica Simpson's stunning new relationship and immediate breakup (I've seen John Mayer in person and I'm sure I could kick his ass), Ellen's new DJ, and a giggle-less Katie Couric on CBS. Is this an omen for a bright season?

Granted, I'm unhappy The Closer had its season finale already, not to mention the flurry of shows about people vanishing makes me bleed from the eyes. And yet, this morning, afternoon and evening of television watching made me happy. Though an interrupter, Rosie was a fun hostess on The View. I had a few years of non-love for her when she just seemed like an angry victim, who had the misfortune of raising a family and coming out in the public eye. That would annoy me, too. But her humor and sass and the lack of four women speaking at once made me less inclined to hurl peanut butter at my TV set.

Then there's baby Suri. Very cute and looks like her parents. I won't even make a snide comment about the factory choosing just the right shade of alabaster, jet black and cobalt blue. Interesting--and maybe not surprising--how the pics surface so soon after Paramount drops Cruise. And Cruise apologizes to Brooke Shields.

Ellen's new DJ--totally forgot his name and am too lazy to look it up, but he played the pot-head son in Meet the Parents. He knew exactly when Ellen wanted to dance and pushed the button--played the right song for me, too, since I got off my couch and spun around a few times. I like him so far but miss the old DJ because he laughed at everything Ellen said and who doesn't love that?

As for Katie Couric, I support the idea of her being on the CBS evening news [and that she wore white after Labor Day since I also did this], but she can't be funny. No more American Idol audition in front of Simon Cowell, mocking her hair, fun trips on an F-14 or her giggle.

Other new things: Kevin Federline's rap album, Matthew Perry's new show, Marsha Cross is preggers, big elections and I bought a new sensible white bra. We're officially ready.

No comments: