Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Star Sighting and Random News

In the elevator yesterday, I saw a shivering Molly, Heidi Klum's dog, who resides (temporarily?) nearby. She's sandy-haired, little and has adorable, twinkling brown eyes. Yes, I started shivering, too, since I was in the presence of a celebrity.

I didn't see it coming, but Vince and Jennifer split, according to US Magazine. You know who also split? Me and the 100$ I took out of the bank yesterday. I decided I need a new shirt, Altoids and takeout. But back to the point, how will Jennifer weather the pain of losing another man? How fun for her to be portrayed as the woman men leave.

Tori Spelling is pregnant. Despite the enviable nepotism, I've never disliked her. On Beverly Hills 90210, she kept her virtue for several seasons--maybe waiting until after Brian Austin Green's music career went down the toilet and she felt pity. Her performance in Trick was worthy of praise and her scorned heroines in Lifetime movies kept me occupied on Sundays.

Speaking of nepotism--more subtle this time--William Mapother is Tom Cruise's cousin. He's usually cast as a villain and as the bizzaro Cruise, he's quite effective. While Tom grins, Mapother makes you jerk in discomfort. In the Bedroom has him as the abusive ex-husband who shoots Marisa Tomei's lover. On Lost, he's bad but we don't know how or why or what he is--just that when he appears, you sense a psychotic break. The only sympathetic character I've seen him play was in Without Limits when he was on Billy Crudup's running team.

Speaking of Lost, the third season premiere is going on right now and I have no idea what's happening.

No comments: