Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Season Four of The L Word--so far

I love gay soap operas such as Queer As Folk and The L Word (not as engrossing, but equally glam cast and I can't stop watching). Logo is a favorite channel and I've logged too many hours watching movies like The Broken Hearts Club and Jeffrey. As the clouds turned, the rain came, I hunkered down to watch Season Four: Disc 1 of The L Word.

I'm a little disappointed by the start, yet the appearance of Cybill Shepherd brightens up a slightly dreary landscape of women making bad choices--though Dish loves Shane and her shenanigans, (except, Shane's stylist, her hair looks too much like a tepee. Please stop! I get it, she's SUPER gay and trendy). Particularly upsetting is the fact that, once again, the brainy fox that is Jennifer Beals makes ANOTHER bad decision--to have a fling with her TA (after kidnapping her child with Tina, then not suffering repercussions from this). I foresee sexual harrassment charges when she realizes her impulsiveness. As for Alice, she never wound up with the chef, as I'd prayed since I adored them as a couple. Impossibly petite Jenny is still a narcissist (who almost killed the President in Season Two of 24) but now a published author (zzzzzzzzzzzz). Oh how I was on the brink at the end of Season Three. So many possibilites for captivating storylines. So why haven't I given up on the show? Well, because Disc 2 arrives tomorrow. And maybe Cybill will get some.

No comments: