Thursday, October 11, 2007

Star Sighting and Massacre Countdown

'Twas a gloomy morn, 10/10/07, 10:15 a.m. as Dish stumbled to get coffee cheaper than that chez Le Pain Quotidien. Besides, deli has decaf hazelnut, which is far more delicious than LPQ's watery decaf (plus, I think someone gave me real caf there so I'm still pissed and a little shaky). The clouds parted as I crossed 19th and 7th Avenue. There, I noticed this shaggy-haired dude with a cigar hanging from his lips. Hmmmm. His swagger set off alarms. Why, it's G.E. Smith minus the Saturday Night Live band! He's shorter in person, especially without the camera god-shots, which add at least a foot. Okay, that was mean....

Tune in to the latest on Duran Duran's new album Red Carpet Massacre and their collaboration with Timbaland/Timberlake. http://musicbox.sonybmg.com.au:80/?bcpid=18089611&bclid=137170317&bctid=1184669434

In these precious ten minutes, Nick Rhodes says the word, "Patience" (which sounds so much better with a British accent, like "Pieshints") and Simon Le Bon uses the phrase "harmonic structure." I swear, you'll feel electric sparks. In addition, their new single "Falling Down" is their best since...since...well, in my opinion, since "Rio." (Though I love all their songs equally, no preference whatsoever. I will pay for all of their college educations).

No comments: