Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Let's Get Dirty


The new show Dirt, hmmmm, I wonder what it's message is or the kind of woman Courtney Cox plays. On the ads, she uses pills to deal with stress, which to me indicates she's a woman who doesn't face her problems head on. In her job as notorious editor-in-chief for celebrity rags, she makes problems for other people. But we love her anyway because she works hard and powerful people will do anything. Her name is Lucy Spiller because she SPILLS the news. Or SPILLS things by accident. Or can't help letting her real feelings SPILL out. All my ninth grade English is paying off because I can totally translate the real meaning of the show. Just call me Susie Disher from now on.

To support the cast of Friends, I must watch. How interesting that Chandler and Monica have new programs, both dealing with show business. Maybe Lucy Dribble-drip and Matthew Talk-fast will clash on the red carpet. He'll emote and her ruthlessness will lead to a huge makeout session. I'm totally for it.

My last musing--with everyone talking about celebrities and splashing star-nethers across the Internet, what's so new and different about Dirt? Everyone is dirty these days. Maybe Dish is all wrong about the predictable nature of these new shows. Court might spend the entire show reciting Rumi or declining third conjugation -io verbs.

No comments: