Sunday, September 30, 2007

Duran Duran = Xanax and Zoloft

Nothing perks Dish up like the mere mention of Duran Duran. Hear ye, all babes in their late thirties: they are on Broadway from November 1-12. I am so going and have started hyperventilating. Brave BF is going, too. I'm excited that this will be his first Duran Duran experience. He doesn't realize the ecstatic joy in which he's about to be enveloped.

In 1984, Dish expressed her love of Duran Duran by penning a fifty-page typed term paper on the band--I got an A+ and I went to a *tuff* high school. It's pure shame for me to read, but my love was pure. Well, in my teens it wasn't so pure, but now I see how they provided a healthy non-Rx cure to adolescent blues. At present, my love is pure. I no longer think about marrying one of the band members. I wouldn't want that life. The money, yes, that would be nice. I'll take that instead (no strings attached, and I want that in writing).

In other news, Frank Miller is in New Mexico directing The Spirit, which stars the great Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlet Johanssen, and Gabriel Macht. After his Sin City and 300 success, this one is sure to be HOT!

And lastly, best shows in the new fall lineup so far: Gossip Girl, The Office, Big Shots, and I like Mariska Hargitay's new short haircut on SVU. Dirty Sexy Money ain't bad either and Donald Sutherland is still a stud at 100 years old!

No comments: