Sunday, August 12, 2007

Starvation Central and Curtains!

Tuesday, August 7th, 6:40 p.m.: As I raced home to do some ten minute prepping for a date with BF, my sharp eye caught a diner at Merchants on 17th and 7th Avenue. My ire was peaked since it was Nina Katz (Nadia Dajani) who gave Carrie Bradshaw "the look" on Sex and the City. I mean, Carrie irritated the crap out of me for her wishiwashiness, but it's futile trying to convince a cat not to eat its own hair. Even though Nina was right to be annoyed, I'd never give anyone The Look for giving up the greatest guy in the world. Nadia sat with a companion, looking as perky and lovely as on the episode. And she's been in a gazillion indies. Of course, my greatest wish was for her to say, "I'm starvation central," one of her lines in the episode. Yes, it's scary Dish remembers this.

On Friday, while feigning exercise at the gym, I flipped on All My Children and was horrified to have stumbled on to its Shakespearean episode. The dialogue was stultifying, mostly due to the fact that after each statement said aloud, the character would then launch into a monologue about how he/she really felt. This allowed the actor to really dig into his/her acting chops, but it made me want to start smoking again (out of sheer boredom). Someone in the writing room was having too much fun emoting. Fun for the typer, snoresville for the viewer.

Friday night, we went to see Curtains. Because of mixed reviews, we expected to fall asleep during the performance but it was wildly entertaining. David Hyde Pierce is the first man to be invited to Dish's slumber Party (which includes Joyce DeWitt, Naomi Watts, Pamela Anderson, Helen Mirren, and Jennifer Connelly). We love him!

No comments: