Thursday, April 10, 2008

40 is the New 14

The Secret says that if you put it out there, you'll get it. What are the chances that Duran Duran will show up to my 40th birthday party? 100% if I put it out to the universe and just believe. Why didn't I know this when I wanted to marry Keanu Reeves? BF asked me what would happen if one showed up? Would that Duran need to sing? No. My family might die. I would have to sit down. Someone might have to get me a pill. Maybe I exaggerate. I did endure a lunch with my favorite TV heartthrob a few years ago. I couldn't eat, but didn't hurl. And I'm going to be 40, after all. In truth, I'll be happy to have a nice cake. It's so much effort to put anything out into the universe. I'm too tired.

Since I'm almost 40, I can legitimately complain about health issues and have dated taste. For example: I have lower back pain and just discovered Nip/Tuck (and staring at Dr. Troy's odd sideburns)--a shiny new toy on my playground of entertainment.
ps. Happy 800th birthday to Steven Seagal. Since he's the reincarnation of a past lama, that's probably his real age. I bet he's tired, too.

No comments: