Sunday, April 13, 2008

Billy Crudup, Pink, and Blythe Danner in My Dreams

It's official: Dish is batsh*t crazy. Apologies to my boyfriend (aka BF) who has to endure middle-of-the-night wakings, the last dream being about Britney Spears shopping. Last night, I dreamt Billy Crudup and I were walking around some city--not New York--under French Connection type highways and bridges. He was consulting me on a name change. He wanted one that was more zippy and marketable than Crudup. I came up with Billy West or Billy Lane. He loved Billy West, especially since he was about to move to Los Angeles.

Switch to my throwing Pink a birthday party. I was sweeping up a large hall with a lame-ass broom that didn't pick up much. Stress over getting all the arrangements ready. Did I even know Pink? No, but I loves her anyway.

Suddenly, I am in a play, acting in the role of "Charlotte," a bridesmaid for a sweet young thing played by Blythe Danner. She's excellent, though up close, I can see she's over twenty-five. We are on a ship that wrecks in the ocean, landing on the shores of Japan. We are clothed in kimonos. Oh crap, I forget my lines and run to the script off stage. My line is "Hey!" and I miss it. Luckily, the more competent actors wash over my fugue amnesia.

So, yeah...I'm ready for the straightjacket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very Freudian dream, with its meaning deeply disguised. However, all three elements point to the same person that obsesses you:

1)The Billy Crudup segment. You undoubtedly has stored the unconscious memory that in April 2007, RANDY HARRISON was sighted at Lincoln Center as a member of the marathon play "Coast of Utopia"--starring Billy Crudup. See link:

http://imtedgreen.blogspot.com/2007/04/my-kind-of-marathon.html

2)Giving a party for Pink, whom you don't even know! Ah, but you do know of someone she strongly resembles; see link:

http://www.alltayo.com/2007/02/

And of course, "Pink" also refers to Justin's "Pink Posse.

3) Blythe Danner hardly needs explanation, since she starred with Gale in Suddenly Last Summer at the Roundabout Theatre.

Basically, all three of the segments are about ACTORS WHO STARRRED WITH GALE HAROLD. You're dreaming about your sighting of Gale.

Want to continue the conversation? :-)

sky_writer said...

correction: should have read that Randy was "a member of the audience" at the play, not a member of the play.

Dish said...

Oh my god! Dish is laughing her ass off!!!!

You are so clever. Everything does indeed go back to Gale. More on this, I'm sure.

Sam said...

Anonymous is one smart cookie. And I think Justin ate a cookie in season 4, episode 15 of QAF, which, no doubt, came from Brian's cookie jar (is that Freudian?), so there's yet another Gale connection!

Dish, you're obviously having Gale withdrawals. Matt Damon and I are sorry to hear that. :( We hope you get a new fix soon!

Dish said...

Well, let me reGale you...

That was too easy. I'm going to get my fix soon since I still haven't gotten through enough Deadwood to see the freaky Gale mustache. I kinda didn't get into that show but since QAF is over and my brain is FINDING ways to see him in sleep, gotta watch. It was a nice surprise to see him in the first season of The Unit.