Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lions for Lambs Not a Piece of Crap

In fact, Tom Cruise was brilliant...because he sort of played that persona he displays to the media. His jaw clench in the opening made my vegetarian sushi rise up into my throat, but I acknowledged this was the best thing he's done since Jerry Maguire. Well, he *looked* the best in Mi:2, which is almost as important.

Meryl Streep was her usual amazingness. Robert Redford's sequences weren't as polished in the writing department. Indeed, there was a cliched sappiness to soldier/Redford parts, though this is forgiveable given the general message. Yes, Peter Berg is in the movie. Did that stop me? He's pretty good, but definitely looks older and more weathered than my brother...in whose face PB flicked a cigarette in prep school.

By the way, the impulse to see the movie is thanks to my biannual visit to A Private Studio, where my stellar and impossibly handsome hairstylist John recommended it as the best movie ever (he speaks in hyperbole). He's usually not wrong (except with De-Lovely).

In other news, well, this is embarrassing but Dish had one of those dreams...about Julia Roberts. Completely un-asked for and I'm trying to forget. John said I was a little lesbionic when it came to Julia. Not really, I just want to be her best friend and knit with her.

No comments: