Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bring Studs Back to L&O SVU

Last night, while watching SVU, I realized an important thing: Robin Williams kinda sucks. When I was younger, like even a week ago, I felt touched by his sensitive roles. Though zany and unpredictable, he could be softspoken, shy, telling you, "It's not your fault." Mork was part of my adolescence. We've seen him crazy, going off in interviews, then sweet and full of warmth. Sorry, but after Insomnia, One Hour Photo, Licensed to Wed, Crap Adams, that robot movie, then last night's performance, I just can't take it anymore. I don't care if he's bipolar therefore brilliant, a drunk but recovering. There's nothing that I've enjoyed of his for the last ten years and he's achieved OMP status with his recent divorce. There.

Then again, writing all this, and imagining someone writing these things about me makes me want to cry. My feelings would be hurt. So, I take it all back. Psych! Given my last week, I hope I'm forgiven by karma. Robin should stop phoning it in. For my benefit, studs like Gale Harold, who played a twisted fertility doctor years ago, should return. And if he can't show up, I'll gladly take Jacqueline Bissett, who is also fabulous. She keeps turning up in everything I watch these days. Is she my new guardian angel?
ps. Okay, Robin was excellent in The Fisher King.

No comments: