Friday, July 22, 2011

Melting in NYC

When I got home this afternoon, I felt dizzy. I checked the weather and it was 104 and humid as *%&$. Reminded me of my days in the Southwest, where it reached 107 in July and all you did was stay indoors. So that's what TG and I did. We watched 2 episodes of Real Housewives of New York City [Ramona pregnant? That much Pinot can make anyone feel pregnant]. Even TG got into the cat-fighting. His favorite housewife was "the blond with the gay Australian husband." We tried to figure out what LuAnn's song "Chic, c'est la vie" really meant since we are both fluent in French. Is there subtext? A Haunting... came next, where the actual devil, Mr. Satan, haunted a family in Connecticut. A few episodes of The Office, Scary Movie 4 and now we're at The Blues Brothers, though I never cared for John Belushi. I know, blasphemy. The Beatles aren't my favorite either. I don't really like apple pie and don't get why everyone thinks the High Line in Chelsea is so great. There, I said it.

TG made two types of pasta and I broke my sugar fast with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup. Desperate times. It was too hot to feel anything for the stars. Wanted to see Horrible Bosses but did not want to hike over to a theater.

2 comments:

dishbrother said...

Yeah, the High Line is nice, but really not worth all of the gushing. With an hour to kill the other day, I sat in (on?) the HL and ended up reading Dish on my iPhone the whole time.

Dish said...

Awwww. That's so nice. You're the best!!!