Monday, November 29, 2010

Goodbye to the Naked Gun

Dish is bleeding from the eyes from the flood of "Don't call me Shirley" Facebook status updates. Let us mourn Leslie Nielsen, whose Airplane and Naked Gun movies enthralled viewers. I won't call him Shirley, but I will call him Leslie. R.I.P., you silver fox. He was good on The Love Boat, too.

Speaking of love, A-Rod and Diaz are back on! Though perhaps they were never "off." The holidays always bring people together.

Rumor has it James Franco and Anne Hathaway will host the Oscars. I'm sorry but I want a funny comedian who traditionally bombs with the unfunny overly-PC Oscar audience. These guys don't laugh. Maybe it's the Botox or takingselftooseriouslyitis?

3 comments:

John Haracopos said...

J.J. had the opportunity to meet Leslie many years ago when his wife/then girlfriend, Barbaree was a client. He was quite charming and more handsome then you'd think.
I think the idea of non-comic actors hosting the Oscars is quite good when you consider there hasn't been a good laugh on the Oscars since Bob Hope Hosted!

Anonymous said...

I liked when Whoopie hosted. Maybe Dish should start a campaign to have Kathy Griffin host. Me, I'd love to see Wanda Sykes host!

Dish said...

OMG, Kathy Griffin would be amazing! Though she's too Un-PC and there'd be tons of uncomfortable silences because the Oscar audience SUCKS.