Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Lights Are On But Dish Isn't Home

Dish has reached 19K on Nanowrimo. It's supposed to be the hardest week of the challenge and that is true. Not sure what I will write for the second half of my tome. I'm starting to rely on celeb trivia and this is not a book about stars. That could all change.

I was shocked to learn that Jane Fonda had just been treated for breast cancer and is now cancer free. By sheer coincidence I witnessed for the second time Dana's demise on The L Word and the touching tribute to her character. We can't lose another to this disease!

Another shocker: Rachel Weisz and Darren Aronofsky broke up. A few years ago, OldDishfriend threw his novel onto their property in the West Village. Dish had had to do some sleuthing beforehand--Garcia-style from Criminal Minds--to find out where they lived. Speaking of Garcia, she's grown to be such an inspiration to both me and TG. At first, I dismissed her as the typical goofy eccentric nerd with bangs, just like every goofy sidekick comic relief on every CSI, NCIs. Over the last few months as we've watched every episode, we've grown to love her with the strength of a thousand suns. Kirsten Vangsness rules!

No comments: