Saturday, March 26, 2011

Geraldine Ferraro Dies

Picture it: 1984, a ripe year of ogling the men's Olympic gymnastic team (Mitch Gaylord, pant, pant), teaching myself how to type, Year #2 of Duran Duran obsession where I turned my attention to Nick Rhodes, lost 9 pounds in one summer from running 6 miles a day and had unknowingly met my future husband. One night, Dishfather came into my room and said, "Turn on your TV. This is an important moment." So I watched Geraldine Ferraro give her first speech as the Vice Presidential nominee. I got chills the second she started speaking. It's too bad her political career had some scandal attach to it later on. Now she's gone. Blessings on her coming and going.

Today's Lesson: Never insult a large woman during her upturn. George Lopez is learning this as he compared Kirstie Alley to a pig for her fabulous performance on Dancing With the Stars. Kirstie has been bashed over the years, but America loves a comeback story. Her doing this show signals that you can succeed at any size. I hope she wins because God knows, Fat Actress was one of the worst shows on TV and she deserves better material. I want her to win.

More about weight: LeAnn Rimes has become a skeletor with her face turning frighteningly concave. The tabs say it's pre-wedding "stress" and worries about Eddie Cibrian possibly cheating in the future (solid foundation) but to me it looks more serious. When you're stressed, you lose/gain a few pounds. When you're severely traumatized, okay, maybe thirty pounds in one month. Her weight loss seems unhealthy and indicative of a new TV opportunity (Am I right?). Sadly, despite all common sense and general good health, Dish compared her weight to LeAnn's and Katy Perry's and finally feels less fat (it only took 42 years). I weigh myself every day, see fatness when I gaze in the mirror for hours on end, though I'm generally happy with my appearance--even when I know I look like hell. If you have rolls, you can work with them. I look at Oprah, who always is more beautiful when she's rounder. Super skinny girls often seem ill to me. How do they have energy to walk a block? Bottom line: You screwed up, George Lopez. Don't mess with fat girls, ever. You're dealing with a very large and powerful demographic.

2 comments:

John Haracopos said...

Kirstie Alley Is A Pig, A Fat, Ugly Disgusting Pig And When She's Thin She's Still An Ugly Pig!!!

Anonymous said...

Geraldine Ferraro was not an ugly pig. Excellent in all ways.