Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where Did Our Love Go?

Dish can't really speak to global politics, though close Dish sources feel Kadafi will repeat his previous antics and destroy what we're fighting for: oil. I can discuss Ancient Rome from 44 BC to 14 AD but after that, everything is fuzzy. This administration has been even more violent. At least France is helping.

Speaking of another kind of violence, former SNL star Victoria Jackson has denounced the Glee kiss, making other outrageous comments: http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/03/18/Former_SNL_Star_Found_Glee_Kiss_Sickening/ Everyone has a right to her opinion, but think about how many hetero make-out sessions we have been subjected to? Why can't men kiss on TV? Why can't teenage boys kiss? Remember Little Darlings? That involved making out and sex between teens thirty years ago. Can you tell I'll do anything to bring up the goddess herself Kristy McNichol, even if the reference doesn't quite work? It's possible to love Jesus and embrace love. For Dish, the Glee kiss was cockle-warming. Even more heart-thumping than all the Finn/Rachel face-sucking. But I'll take it all!

The Lincoln Lawyer is worth watching if you enjoy legal thrillers. This one has a few too many predictable twists, but is overall quite enjoyable with a fabulous cast of William H. Macy, Marisa Tomei, Francis Fischer, Michaela Conlin, Michael Pare (Eddie and the Cruisers!) and Josh Lucas. I take back any poo-pooing of Matthew McConaughey. Matthew is a really good actor if given the right role and this one was tailor-made for him. I didn't think about his armpits once.

5 comments:

John Haracopos said...

I do like Francis Fisher as long as I forget while I'm watching her, that she's not Lucille Ball (Brilliant Performance As Lucy In That TV Film) & that she was once married to the most offensive filmmaker of all time, Clint Eastwood! In case you're wondering why I find him offensive?? It's because he spoon-feeds his audience as if they are uneducated idiots. He'd be good at children's films...

Dish said...

Loved Frances in that movie on Lucy! She is chilling in general. Yes, and the ex of Clint. I'm not sure I feel as violently about him as you do, but do find he sometimes goes the way of Ron Howard in the schmalz. Million Dollar Baby was a movie I loathed beyond reason. Like that Clint goes to dark places in the psyche. Loved him in In the Line of Fire.

Wouldn't it be nice for JJ and Dish to get paid to chat about movies all day? Some hilarious cat fights would ensue.

Anonymous said...

Where is March 20?

Dish said...

Good catch, Anonymous. This was 3/20, though I had started it on 3/19! (Is this really my mommy checking up on me?)

Anonymous said...

Not "Mommy" but "Addict."