Saturday, October 29, 2011

Let's Get Hitched!

Mario Cantone, our favorite wedding planner from Sex & the City, married long-time love. Did Liza sing "All the Single Ladies?" Eva Amurri also tied the knot! Congratulations to hilarious Mario and Susan Sarandon's daughter, who is a good actress on her own.

I'm still living off the high of Duran Duran who play Atlantic City in this nasty weather--a nice send-off before going home. http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/dg11469/October 24 2011 - October 30 2011/?action=view¤t=duranduranfergusonn.mp4. I'm about to watch their interview on Piers, though it will send TG out of the room.

My Week with Marilyn: I can't wait to see this. First, I love seeing Kenneth Branagh and you know playing Olivier must have given him wet dreams. No one has fully captured Marilyn but Michelle Williams, if you believe the hype, comes close--at least in this movie poster! This clip gave me chills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPMMup-ZrY4, though this trailer is a little underwhelming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b48Aj8zkg.

Dish spent a week eating massive carbs, no vegetables or protein and didn't exercise. Lost 3 pounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the Marilyn movie either. Fingers crossed it gets a good rating or I will have to go with a friend rather than hubby and I can't bring myself to indulge in a large tub of popcorn unless also basking in hubby's unconditional acceptance.

As for the mysterious weight loss, could it be that Dish was in a state of Duran Duran induced happy anxiousness that kept cortisol levels from being elevated and caused a state of fight or flight that kept your metabolism happily humming? Although given that my movie popcorn penchant, I would be the first to admit that for me to put forward calorie burning theories is like asking Charlie Sheen for his opinion on monogamy...

Dish said...

Oooh, popcorn sounds good and an accepting hubby makes it all worthwhile. I know already TG won't see it and I won't even ask (but I will get Milk Duds). His going to a DD concert means he doesn't have to see any chick flicks for at least a year. We will see Tower Heist.

You are so right about the Duran Duran euphoria curing me. Now if only they had an anti-aging system.

DM said...

Dishsteppapa would like to see Tower Heist with TG or with both.