Monday, December 08, 2008

Flirting with Dish...

...who burnt the end of her middle finger while ironing shirts. Now on CSI and Law & Order, they won't be able to find my criminal record in a database. After my weekend in Albany visiting Superman's natural habitat and meeting Jor-el (who bounces his knee spastically the same way Superman does), Dish is finally settled in for a peaceful week. Funny tidbit--in Bridget Jones fashion, I watched Superman sleep on the train (he always seems to fall asleep in moving vehicles). I took it a step further and snapped pictures of the superhero snoring and drooling all through the Hudson Valley. I was tempted to draw on a mustache just as Ross did to Rachel on Friends when they were flying to Vegas.

The real news: I saw Flirting with Forty and had a terrible time reconciling Heather's real age with that of her heroine. I love Heather but it might have been more interesting to have her be 50. The surfer-dude leading man was hunky and nice, but just not great enough for Heather. What's the message? That older women can snag younger men, too? Or that older women can settle, too? Or that we can have fun even while on the brink of death? I wasn't quite sure. And I resented that poor Heather had to do all the traveling to tryst with Mr. Abs-of-Steel. I don't recommend it (but will secretly watch again).

Tonight and the rest of the week--am catching up with Mad Men and falling more deeply in love with Jon Hamm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flirting with Forty was HORRIBLE! Hether was Botoxed within an inch of her life. I couldn't tell whether she was happy, sad or what. But then, I was too busy drooling over boy toy Robert Buckley, who had much better chemistry with Kim Raver on Lipstick Jungle. :) I was definitely bummed, but then , it was a Lifetime movie. How dare I have such high hopes!

Dish said...

Agree, though Dish admits to loving some Lifetime movies. Some Sundays, you just gotta gather your chips, chocolate, and soda (beer) and watch all freaking day.