Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Joan and John

Dish was on the subway last night and heard the following (paraphrasing only minimally):

"How's Joan doing?"
"She's on the beach with her 25 y.o. concubine. You know, standard for Hollywood."
"I bet she's paying him."
"Now, he paying HER!"

The two boys looked around and became super-conscious of people listening so I knew it was someone big. My celebrity senses had kicked in at "Joan."

Hmmmm. Which Joan... JOAN COLLINS, of course! Love her forever! I would totally let her bitchslap me.

In Duran Duran news, the object of my teenage (and adult) fantasies, John Taylor will guest star on Samantha Who on January 12th. Dish has marked her calendar. I always meant to watch the show because Christina Applegate is hysterically funny and underused in Hollywood. Now watch, the characters are going to flail, tap dance, and screech around him and he's going to stand there like a piece of wood. Then again, I'd take a wooden John Taylor over nothing. He's a natural in front of the camera. Thought he was great in Sugartown even though the movie was so-so.

As for 2008, GOOD RIDDANCE!!! Dish wishes you all the loveliest of New Year's.

No comments: