Monday, December 15, 2008

Getting Into The Spirit

My biggest care in movie watching is running time. The Spirit is 103 minutes. Over 120 and I get super-fidgetty (Shakespeare and Wagner are OUT). Remember when movies were at least two hours? My attention span has waned with the times. Now, I get my array of coping tools to deal with running time agita. Flavored toothpicks, pen caps, paper clips, Tic Tacs, a quarter, knitting, water, and the cure-all: Altoids. In ten minutes, I'll walk .6 miles to my destination where I'll meet Superman. Can you tell I'm nervous? The last time I went to a Frank Miller movie screening, Matthew Modine stood ahead of me in line. The best part, he had to tell the ticket person who he was. I plan to act outraged when the list-master asks for my name. Don't you know who I am? It's Dish, B*tch!

No comments: