Friday, September 30, 2011

The Sick House

What do you do when you're under the weather and shouldn't go out? You watch eight episodes of The Good Wife, listen to "Before the Rain" five times in a row and then troll for dirt. American Pie's Jason Biggs's wife wrote about hiring a hooker to spice up their year-long marriage: http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/humor/jenny-and-her-husband-get-a-whore This is a family show, though Dish found this entertaining. It's too easy to judge so I'll just say Mazel Tov to the satisfied couple. I'm glad TG and I are too co-dependent, paranoid and neurotic to make that kind of effort or spend the money.

I did more high-brow reading too. Like the profile on Naomi Watts in More magazine. Last year, I put Cosmo down forever because FYI I'm not 26 anymore and the quizzes started to run together. The Office's brilliant Mindy Kaling wrote a funny piece about romantic comedies in The New Yorker: http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2011/10/03/111003sh_shouts_kaling?currentPage=all. See? I read. Will start re-reading Choderlos de Laclos's Les Liaisons Dangereuses tonight...in French. That's right.

Oh, and Nicole Ritchie has new tatas.

Finally: 15 days until TG and I witness the majesty of Duran Duran in our nation's capital--though Dish might be seeing it alone due to a scheduling conflict. Dish on the loose at the concert? Yikes.

No comments: