Monday, September 02, 2013

Fifty Shades of Awesome Casting!

Even though I only got through 100 pages of Fifty Shades of Grey, I desperately wanted for Robert Pattinson not to be cast--just because I don't think he's right for this part. The big headline today is not Syria (okay, it is) or the unmarked grave of countless abused boys at a Florida school. It's that Charlie Hunnam, the blond god from Sons of Anarchy was cast as Christian Grey--brilliant (just as with Ben Affleck as Batman--Dish approves!). Dakota Johnson, doubly-blessed by being the offspring of 2 celebrities (Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson) will play Anastasia. I remember when Dakota was born, which makes me feel older than dirt.

Over the weekend, Lamar Odom, in his continuing downward spiral, was busted for DUI. It's sad that this happens in the public eye--sad that I can't stop reading about it. We all hope he gets back on his feet, off the floor, out of the road, off the crack, and back on the court again.

TG and I viewed The Life of Pi, which caused me to sob convulsively. The whole movie made me uncomfortable the way Titanic did, i.e. I probably drowned in another life, but then when you make a CGI animal suffer, I'm a mess. Somehow, I got through it and now TG has points for enduring my weep-fest.

Hurray to Diana Nyad who swam from Cuba to Key West! I remember her first attempt. Now that's a substantial accomplishment.

4 comments:

John Haracopos said...

Charlie Hunnam is a brilliant actor and a brilliant choice to play Christian Grey!!!! Robert Pattinson is still too much of a boy and hasn't yet developed the acting chops for such an adult role! Mr. Pattinson is a star but the only time he has shown any acting talent was in Remember Me!!

Dish said...

I agree, agree, agree!!! Charlie is *perfect* for Christian. And Dakota looks the part because she's not too pretty. They will be magic together on screen (if she can act!). Let's go see it together--you, me and Peter (TG would rather die than watch this--we'll leave him to his Arrested Development and CNN). Also agree Pattinson's best work was Remember Me. Really liked him and the flick.

Unknown said...

I m excited for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. I am really happy for the casting.
Charlie Hunnam

John Haracopos said...

Great Idea!!! It's A Date!!!