Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flatliners

I love this damn movie. Where else can you see young Hollywood wearing glasses and playing intense medical students (oops! Grey's Anatomy--zzzzz). Oh, the mullets, the intense obsession with death, the gathering of gorgeous actors on the brink of megastardom! Like another day here in Dishland, if you ask me. It tickles me that Kiefer and Julia prob'ly raunched out in each other's trailers during filming, fell in love as he dared to "die" longer than anyone else. That is so David Blaine and I'm not sure I'd want to be with such a risk-taker. Why not vow to avoid visiting strippers for five minutes rather than cheat death? Or he could dare to be excellent for a whole half hour.

What's great about Flatliners is that while playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, a plethora of celebs lessen the degrees. Though, I forget who accidentally kicks it in the story. Let it not be Julia!

No comments: