Sunday, June 22, 2008

Suggestions:

Never mix Miracle Whip and mustard, thinking that this is a good sauce for pasta. Go out and buy some ranch dressing instead. Oh. Oops. That's giving away a single-girl secret. Also, never think that crushed potato chips are an appropriate topping for said pasta. Lastly: Laughing Cow cheese does not melt well in said pasta.

If a movie lists Ryan Reynolds as a romantic hero, strap on some beer goggles and imagine that he's kissing a boy instead, which is far more appealing and realistic. Dish doesn't believe he's straight, though he could be today's John Ritter. Oh, that's so genius. I did like him in Blade: Trinity.

Watch A Mighty Heart, just to pay homage to the Pearl family. I had a hard time not noticing Angelina's plump lips and curly wig, wanted more character development, but the story reminded me of that shocking month where the world was waiting for news about Danny Pearl. I remembered how sick I felt when the news was released about his death...and how he died. And I wondered about that poor woman, who'd loved him, who carried their baby, and now she was a widow. I don't know how she survived. So sad.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I actually want Ryan Reynolds...to cup me. :)

He was so adorable in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, and it was so decent of him to show up in a cameo in Kal Penn's movie when Kal (brilliant in The Namesake) rode in the back seat of Ryan's Van Wilder film. I like guys who will do for each other.

Or just do each other.