Sunday, June 08, 2008

Grumpy Old Men and Lars

I hate the name Lars so I hesitate to say out loud Lars and the Real Girl. I can't do it, so don't ask me. The movie has a few yucks and is an interesting yet predictable character study. Once the doll appears, you can guess the rest.

So then, I was walking to the gym to run on the treadmill (see my unattainable crush) and I saw a flyer for the next Grumpy Old Men picture. Though the real name of the movie is Righteous Kill starring old farts Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino. I can smell the denture cream already just like I will when The Bucket List arrives on my doorstep. Will there be incontinence jokes or can DeNiro and Pacino be all tough for one more movie (before we start laughing)? Will Pacino scream his lines? Please say yes.

Here's my script for the above picture:

AP: I WONDER IF THERE'S A BODY UNDER THIS SHEET!
RDN: Brilliant deduction, Rosie. I'm hoping this Righteous Kill is my ex.
AP: WE GOTTA RIGHTEOUS KILL HERE! A LITTLE HELP!
RDN: I need help. My knees are hurtin' from squatting.
AP: I'D LIKE TO GET YOU ON YOUR KNEES, SARGENT!
RDN: Let's ditch this case and hit the nearest motel. You and me, candlelight, magic.
AP: JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT, YOU PULL ME BACK IN!!!!

This ties with my latest trend: worrying about Dish's favorite old farts, who seem to leapfrog each other into the hospital. I'm so ready for The Women coming out this fall. Annette Bening and Meg Ryan on the same screen. Two hot and cranky crones--now that's more like heaven for me.

No comments: