Sunday, November 30, 2008

Desperate Holidays

I'm twenty minutes through Desperate Housewives and having Gale-Harold-withdrawal shakes. He's "getting stitches" which is code for we-have-no-idea-when-he'll-be-back. How will I endure the long months until his return? My holiday wishes have been answered in that he'll recover. His health is more important than the show (but why is he on Earth if not to entertain me?).

Thanksgiving is over and Dish will arm herself for the next two hurdles--Christmas and New Year's Eve. Holidays are a trifecta of madness. The pretending everything is perfect, just the way you planned, the toasty hearth/home celebrations, overeating, and someone usually has an uncomfortable public moment (okay, that's me). After so many years, I am getting used to the roller coaster. I love my family, I enjoy egg nog, and Superman keeps talking about a present for me. That is close enough to perfect.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

According to the Produucers Gale will do voice overs until he comes back in January.

Dish said...

I'll take his voice over nothing anyday! Thanks, Barbara!