Monday, November 17, 2008

Quantum of Hotness

There I was. Daniel Craig in front of me. Superman beside me. Some cute gay boy on my other side. Life couldn't get more perfect. Well, except Superman chewed on straws, ate all the popcorn, raisinettes, and my drink and his own faster than a speeding bullet. Funny coincidence: these days, the movies are about superheroes. What's the difference with James Bond? Nothing. They all have secret lives. So, my brain is collecting facts. I don't want to be like Lois Lane, pregnant and abandoned by a man with covert missions. Despite my mounting skepticism, Quantum of Solace was fabulous and DC is my fave Bond ever. I could have done without the shaky Bourne Supremacy editing style.

Post-movie celebrity sighting: Mo Rocca. 10:20 pm, coming out of Elmo's on 7th and 19th. He flipped his hood but not before I saw him and alerted Superman (who had no idea who he was). I hissed after Rocca: You celebrities think you can hide, but I always see you!
Maybe I'm excessive. This weekend, I heard a Simon Le Bon story that highlighted my faulty logic in trying to meet The Ones I Love the Most. A husband and a wife were in a bar. The husband loved Duran Duran, the wife not so much. Simon Le Bon entered the bar, the husband plotzed, the wife not so much. Simon became more and more intrigued by the wife, even when she told him, "Not so much. I don't really care about you guys." So, basically, the wife played by The Rules and Simon was enchanted.

I will report the following:

*Duran Duran has never been on my radar.
*I so did not write a fifty-page term paper on Duran Duran in high school.
*If I did like Duran Duran, I would have liked John way more than Simon.
*No mullet graced my head, nor did I wear a felt fedora and sportjacket.
*I definitely did not buy coral lipstick because that's what Nick wore to his wedding.
*And I never, ever named my diaries after each member of the band.
*When I accidentally happened upon a Duran Duran concert last May, I did not almost barf chocolate cookie chunks when I saw Simon enter his trailer.
*I always liked Culture Club and Spandau Ballet instead!!!

No comments: