Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday's Whine

Life is generally good--new Prez, new First Lady fashions, exercising obsessively, not eating as much junk food, and burying myself in productivity during a strange, mostly awful year. Not to mention Dish made a command decision. Duran Duran is playing in three cities nearby this December. I am dying to go. I *could* go, but I've spent enough on them this year. Three times would be frivolous and foolish (yet fantastic). Other concerts will come along.

On the brighter side, finally saw Deadwood: Season 3 disk 3 where Dish's imaginary BF Gale Harold plays lawman Wyatt Earp. My indifference to the show might have tainted my enjoyment of Gale, though it could be the offensive mustache. Facial hair hasn't turned me on since Burt Reynolds in Cannonball Run--what can I say, I was a zygote. With utter objectivity (ha!), I can say GH rocked the part, as he did last Sunday as Jackson, the sensitive artiste.

One of the nice things about aging: simple pleasures.

No comments: