Sunday, November 09, 2008

Random Thoughts as I Procrastinate

At the end of this long and gratifying week, I feel the following:

This election was very special. During this post-9/11 age and Bush era, it's nice to think good things can happen again. As a glass-half-empty person, I reserve some skepticism, but I'm ready to accept positivity.

Dirty Sexy Money is the best thing on television. This week's episode was intense. Especially enjoyed seeing Donald Sutherland in his pajamas. Bring on the geezer sex!

Speaking of geezer sex, I've become addicted to Tell Me You Love Me. Jane Alexander is a hot white-haired crone who counsels couples and one would expect she gets down and dirty at least once. She does! My favorite is Ally Walker, who seems like she would have sharp claws in real life, but she lights up a screen. Love her forever!

If you want to see a dark comedy, rent You Kill Me, starring the mercurial Ben Kingsley and goddess Tea Leoni. It was a little male fantasy-ish in that no way in hell would a nice girl like Tea fall for a drunk OMP killer like Ben--unless she were still brain damaged to think she could change her man. But they are excellent actors and I was able to suspend my disbelief (just as I did in all of Woody Allen's movies where he gets with mega-babes out of his league).

And now, I'm counting the seconds before I can see my imaginary boyfriend on Desperate Housewives. Last week, That Woman Who's Ruined My Life Twice (Hatcher) tried to make up with him but found him with another girl (ha ha!). What excellent shirt will he wear tonight?

No comments: