Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rent "Red" NOW!

It's one of the few movies on which I'd gladly have spent 13$. Everyone (except one person) is magnificent--especially John Malkovich, who steals the movie. Dish was never a Malkovich fan, felt he delivered all lines in the same way...until, as DishBrother analyzes, In the Line of Fire, though he backslid a bit in The Man in the Iron Mask. Something turned in Malky over the years and he's become a *really* good actor. In Red, be ready for his brilliance. Mirren gave me goosebumps. The only moment I couldn't bear was Bruce Willis french kissing Mary Louise Parker. Ewwww. Maybe Dish has become too prude.

Russell Brand just gave an actual, professional monologue on SNL, which hasn't been done in a very long time. Twenty minutes in, the sketches are still unwatchable.

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

Wanted to report that SideKick and I saw Black Swan last night. That was f*cked up! I'm so on the fence about Natalie's nomination .. I have a problem with someone winning an Oscar for fingering herself and being eaten out in a dream. None of that lolly-gagging took place in the King's Speech .. although imagine how much fun that might have been had it been included!

Dish said...

Black Swan really is not a delightful movie. If Dolly had starred, she would have cheered it up a bit. I think The King's Speech will win because it's more of a crowd pleaser and the voters LOVE disabilities. I did like The King's Speech a lot, too. I'll admit I did love Black Swan (except the ending a bit too much now that I think about it) and it resonated someplace in Dish's tortured soul.