Saturday, February 11, 2012

More Not So New Whitney Details and Movie Review

Allegedly, family members are deeply saddened and hysterical over Whitney's death, as are many celebrities. Focus intensifies on official investigation, allegations of boisterous partying and/or "she was perfectly fine" before she died. This is the point where news agencies/tabs have no news and repeat same stuff, delving into her relationship with Bobby and Ray J, who did the sex tape with Kim. Downward spiral from there.

TG made me turn off CNN and we saw The Descendants (which I'd secretly already seen and figured my punishment was watching it again). It's a little boring but good performances by all. I liked George in Michael Clayton more--just because it was an intense role and I love seeing him thoroughly disheveled and effed up. He's just great to the point where it pisses me off. But as with Brad Pitt, his gorgeousness does nothing for me so I focus on talent, which he has in spades. His sense of humor always tickles me and I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when he filmed that dining room scene with Julia in Ocean's 11. They had to do several takes because he kept making her laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0hB3a8uag. The Descendants has a lovely Hawaiian setting and I enjoyed how cinematographer made it so drab. I still choose The Artist for Best Picture. This one wasn't so new and different. I wouldn't pay 13$ to see it, but I would put it at #5 on my Netflix queue.

No comments: