Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Really Long Weekend...

It's been a rough couple of days due to what I thought might be strep but what could be the common cold. Instead of getting rest, Dish hasn't been able to sleep. So what else is new?

What does one due during the ill moments? Pick up Jennifer Egan's Look at Me, love it and since it's too literary to keep my attention for more than five minutes, I turn back to TV!

What's on my mind: NJ Governor Christie just vetoed the gay marriage bill, making him incredibly behind the times. Doesn't he realize how powerful the gay community is? You don't want to mess with women either. The birth control issue is coming around at a perfect time and Obama puts himself more firmly on the side of women (though I'd still choose Hillary!) than the Republicans. This race is his to lose.

Yesterday I attended Whitney Houston's funeral via TMZ. It was lovely, both happy and somber, with a chill-inducing choir to bring her home. The big controversy occurred when Bobby Brown's entourage was turned away and he left. This is frustrating on both sides. Why can't an obviously grieving man honor his ex-wife? And on the other hand, why the hell couldn't he show up by himself?

Because illness forced me into research, I looked up the reality show Bobby and Whitney did. It was called Being Bobby Brown, when Whitney was always the bigger star. Says a lot.

Let me end on a nice note: Matthew Perry will join the cast of The Good Wife. Thank goodness. I've been very bored by this season. Will and Alicia together put me to sleep.

1 comment:

John Haracopos said...

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is pure walking and talking landfill.
Matthew Perry on the good wife? time will tell but I'm not so sure if that's a good idea...