Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Democratic Convention: Day 1

So far, bias aside, the DRC has better speakers and is diverse almost to the breaking point. Here's my recap.

Tammy Duckworth: I've been through a lot of sh*t. Vote Obama. (What a heroine!)
Deval Patrick: Screw Romney. I won't go on about how awesome I am. You can tell by my gift of gab. The first rousing speech where people couldn't stop screaming with pleasure.
Lilly Ledbetter: LOVE HER!!!
Sandra Fluke being questioned by CNN: If this is what the future looks like, I feel better. Very articulate young woman. Not a single "like" and "you know."
Julian Castro: Adorable, earnest, not quite as polished with speechifying but he'll get there.
Michelle Obama: She always gives good speech. Loved her dress (wanted to fix hair). Down to earth. Would enjoy throwing back a few beers with her and talk smack about stars.

My favorite of the night: Deval Patrick

Tonight is Big Bodacious Bill. I am DVRing since I'm seeing Jersey Boys again with Dishmama. We are such whores for this show.

Catching up on Real Housewives of New York City: Aviva is nasty. At first I thought, aw, I feel bad for her. She's a real role model for those who've lost limbs. She has phobias (much like Dish's but I have no excuse for mine) and survived. But with each episode, I see how petty, mean, and ill-tempered she is. Surviving trauma doesn't mean you can be an a-hole.

No comments: