Monday, December 21, 2009

Cheri = Ambien

While TG went uptown to schmooze, Dish watched Cheri, that flick starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Rupert Friend (who's banging Keira Knightley), and the incomparable Kathy Bates. Talk about a snoozefest, I nearly fell asleep in my latte. I always like the idea of Michelle Pfeiffer but didn't buy her as a French whore. Kathy Bates is another story as she can do anything. Why does Kathy take on stinky movies like this? The love between Rupert and Michelle was so dreary and sad-cougarish, I thank my lucky stars I wasn't a prostitute in early 20th century France. Unless you enjoy falling asleep to unromantic movies with bad acting, skip this one.

In celeb news: that talented Carrie Underwood--who seems to have always had love troubles--got engaged to a hockey player. I give it two years. To sing country, you must know heartache. And to marry a sportsfigure, you must be brain damaged.

3 comments:

dm said...

Kathy Bates is more the courtesan Colette had in mind when she wrote the novel. The film industry can't get over its hangups over weight to make a believable film. Too bad.

HerheyHoHoHo said...

SideKick and I also found Cheri to be a snooze fest. We kept hoping for some peen shots, and were sorely disappointed. It's the only thing that (barely) kept us awake.

Unknown said...

Ambien gives striking effect and it eases my sleeping problem that’s why I thank MEDSHEAVEN.COM because I can buy here without any prescriptions.