Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Meredith Baxter Lesbian!

There have been items about Meredith Baxter on a lesbian cruise and photos of her and her girlfriend. It was only a matter of time. Our favorite TV mom and star of salacious Lifetime movies just came out of the closet on The Today Show and Dish got a little choked up. She was articulate, vulnerable and courageous. The more people are truthful about themselves, the better off we all are. I wish I could be part of The Family but I'm not! This doesn't mean I can't scream from the rooftops that everyone should be able to get married and adopt. Even though it's no one's business and who cares, maybe other narrow-minded people who've always loved her will still love her and finally open their eyes. Maybe there will come a point where no one will feel the need to come out. It won't be a big deal. (like in Europe)

If LMN doesn't strategically air her excellent movies (especially the one where she plays the cheated-on wife who then shoots her husband) this weekend, I'll eat my own hair!

5 comments:

John Haracopos said...

J.J. Has Loved Meredith Since "Bridget Loves Bernie" Hit The Airwaves For One Season In 1972! Not To Mention Nancy Maitland On "Family" & Her Most Delicious Portrayal Of Betty Broderick In Those 2 Television Films!

I Love Her Even More Now!!!!

What's "Family Ties"?

Dish said...

Betty Broderick! That's the name I was looking for. I ADORE those films and she was BRILLIANT! Might have to put on Amazon wishlist!

Dish said...

I realize those of a certain age might not know "Family Ties" but it was her big show in the 80s, the one she was most famous for! It made Michael J. Fox into a star as well.

HersheyKiss said...

I don't know .. I find her to be such a non-story, although I'll avoid the "wanna be" label. I mean, 3 husbands, multiple kids, nearly 6 decades, and oh, ah .. yeah, I'm a muff diver, by the way. It's a little hard to digest. But, I wish her well with her contractor.

Dish said...

As it turns out, she's writing a book. I'm so jaded now.