Friday, May 13, 2011

The Decision Did Not Blow Me Away

Ashton Kitchen on Two and a Half Men. Dishreaders, do you remember That 70s Show? It wasn't a fave but lots of people liked it. I adore Ashton except on Twitter, think he serves a purpose, especially on Punk'd. He's a personality, but I don't think he's going to save the show. It would have been more interesting to choose someone far-fetched. Like Martin Sheen. Or Hugh Grant, as rumored. Ricky Martin. Someone we wouldn't think of, but whose name would make us go "ooooooh, I'd totally watch that." Everyone would have watched Two and a Half Men with Hugh Grant or, God help us, Mickey Rourke. Sean Hayes. Dolly Parton. Now that would've been cool. This choice is a Band-Aid. But I do like Ashton.

Wonder Woman was not picked up--not a surprise since the suit would have brought about too many jokes. Brothers & Sisters has been canceled. Can we say Amen? Now something major has to happen on Desperate Housewives. TG and I are ready for the two-hour finale. TG asked, "What are they going to do for two hours?" Oh please, that show is an expert at wasting our m*ther-f*cking time.

Dish's 25th high school reunion starts now.

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but Charlie Sheen was always my least favorite part of 2.5 Men. Granted, I like the show, but in a general ranking he shows up at the bottom of my list of faves. We'd find ourselves saying, "Boy, I sure hope Charlie gets drunk and finds some poon tonight". There are some strong characters on there, particularly the women, and if they allow them to grow more, it could work. The kid's getting creepy .. I just hope Cousin Oliver doesn't move in!

I join Dish in sighing AMEN to B&S. It was really good when there was business intrigue. They just couldn't make *family* issues interesting. Holly's demise, imho, marked the end of the show. You gotta have a bad guy!

You know what I'd watch? 2 hrs of Darren Criss, daily. He could do theme shows, like Bathing Suit night and Shirtless Singing. And he could have special guest stars, like Dolly Parton! Now that's brilliant programming!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Dolly should be a new Housewive? I would watch hours of Dolly teaching Teri Hatcher how to act and what big tatas really should look like.