Friday, May 06, 2011

The Way We Were

JJ and I had a meaningful conversation about The Way We Were when he was cutting my steely mane. This "love" story always bothered me. Robert Redford was so cold/wooden in that movie that it's more The Way I Thought We Were. Babs is too colorful, filling up three screens with her energy. How could her character fall for such vanilla? Maybe that was the point. Sadly, Arthur Laurents died this week at 93. Such a writer to have given us a story we still talk about. That doesn't happen much anymore.

Is Christina Aguilera (TG's secret celebrity crush) being a diva on The Voice? Though wildly uninformed, I'm on Team Adam. He may be a whore, but Maroon 5 has stayed the course.

Jesse James has a tacky tell-all book coming out. If he really wanted to "tell" his story, why not do it for free? His recklessness and desperate fame-whoring is a little gross (yes, I follow him and Kat Von D on Twitter). I would have waited until the body was cold before doing my tell-all.

Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell are engaged. Nothing wrong with that.

The Office without Steve Carrell. They're doing the best they can. Not sure how the show will survive without a heavy bat. Heavier than Carrell. Who could it be? Ferrell is a Band-Aid. Alec Baldwin could double-team.

Brothers & Sisters: Don't care anymore. Still watching. Someone needs to pull the switch.

Reviews for Something Borrowed, ouch! The Emily Giffin novel is wonderful, a joy to read, hard to translate onto screen.

Ramona is insane again on Real Housewives of New York City. Everyone else is fine. I sort of feel that nothing is wrong on the show. On Orange County, the characters do things: go to plastic surgery appointments, look at real estate, get pets groomed. On NYC, the wives just meet to vent, then go home.

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

I've been curious about how Christina Slutalera can be a mentor to up and coming singers? What's she gonna teach them ... to not bother learning the words to a song they'll sing in front of a huge audience? That it's just sufficient to be skanky and you can slide by? Hmmm. I'd hope to be picked by Pee Low. At least he knows the words to the same song he sings over and over and over and over and over. I've never seen The Voice and don't have intentions of doing so.

Anonymous said...

She always seems to be one step behind Britney or the latest blond-bombshell (Gaga?). Now she's on a downward spiral. Too bad because she has a great voice--and lousy handlers. I'm skipping The Voice too, but the previews inspire me.