Friday, April 20, 2012

America's Top Model Axes Judges :(

Not that I'm invested but there's been a huge upset in America's Next Top Model in that Tyra Banks fired her three judges, Jay Manuel, J. Alexander (not Jason or Jane), and Nigel Barker. It sounds like a really, really dumb move, though maybe they want to revitalize the brand, leverage their assets to combat future challenges in the marketplace. Who could they possibly get to replace these judges? Dish, of course!!????

David Merkur, a 28-year-old investment banker, made the colossal mistake of sending one of his dates the spreadsheet he used to keep track of the women he met online. She sent it to her friends and now this spreadsheet is everywhere. What's the big deal? I kept similar records during my more prolific dating periods in Manhattan--2001-2002, 2004-2006, 2008-2009--at the very least for future funny stories (Best first 30 seconds of a date ever: "My wife and I are separated. I mean, we're getting divorced.") This spreadsheet is incredibly sane and proves the point: that dating in Manhattan is thoroughly confusing, like a buffet, mostly depressing with too many life stories to keep straight. How long until Merkur is on David Letterman?

Such an ado over Anne Hathaway's "dramatic weight loss" for the new Les Miserables (zzzz) film. Sorry, but Dish went even skinnier within a month. And did they hassle Christian Bale about The Machinist? Anne doesn't look THAT thin, just miserable, which is what the movie calls for. Hard for me to imagine Anne and Hugh Jackman evoking misery, though.

For fun: http://cnn.com/video/?/video/offbeat/2012/04/18/ac-ridiculist-sexy-veggies.cnn. Sexy veggies, indeed.

Glad this week has come to a close. It started off positive and sunny then took a bad turn, reminding me not to cry in front of people because it looks ugly and also I can solve my own problems. And I finished a silk scarf. What's next?

No comments: