Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Good Things Happen When You Talk about Suzy Orman!

Dishbrother and I were having a heart to heart about our love for Suzy Orman, whether we had our 8 month emergency fund (I only have 3) and disclosing money to spouses*. Because my feelings about money are complicated, I did my usual browsing of Duran Duran's Facebook page, which I knew would clarify things. To my shock, I saw my link about the Rio boat on their page. This means...this means...the celebrities I love most...or at least their people know I exist. Just as I was debating whether or not to see them in concert again this summer (make that a 2 month emergency fund). Suzy may deny me, but Duran Duran CANNOT be denied.

Celebs: Sarah Palin's getting revenge against Katie Couric by pushing her way onto the Today Show couch. I digs my Katie, don't begrudge Sarah her TV time. More airtime for foxy ladies over 40.

Minka Kelly and Wilmer Valderrama are canoodling so soon after her lovefest with Derek Jeter in Paris. I don't really know who these people are or why they're taking up so much of my rags. Johnny Depp + Ashley Olsen? Oh God. Downhill from here: Adam Samberg, Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis leaving SNL. Now there really is no show left. Maybe brave new talent will emerge. Dishcat is pissing on the floor in celebration.

So, I'm off to Salem, Massachusetts then Boston for a nice little vacay. Dishmama, a renowned scholar, says I should investigate Salem's trade relationship with China. Like that's going to happen. My brain doesn't visit such levels anymore since Gayatri Spivak and Michel Foucault literally sh*t in my cerebellum. I just want the witch tchatchkas and maybe to get a tour from actual nature-worshiping pagans. If you don't hear from me for a few days, I'm under a divine spell. And your little dog too!

*TG, I just spent 10$ on green nailpolish.

4 comments:

DishBrother said...

Uh Dish - You don't KNOW about Salem's TRADE relationship with CHINA??? Like, it's TOTALLY the hubris of modernity!!!

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget how the Puritans and Maoists policed everyone's genitalia!

Dish said...

Gender politics--it's not just for breakfast anymore.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to eat at Red's!!