Monday, July 07, 2008

Birth of a Nation

I forced myself to watch the dead white men who founded our country in John Adams, executive produced by big swinging phallus Tom Hanks. My heart skipped upon encountering the trifecta of hotness: Ben Franklin (played by omnismokin' Tom Wilkinson), George Washington (David Morse--you look so much like my 1$ bill!), and, pant, pant, Stephen Dillane as Thomas Jefferson. Great performances and a palatable way for me to learn stuff.

Laura Linney, playing Abigail Adams and the only woman in the cast, kills her children with an innoculation--but she's an intemellectual and John Adams can't really wipe his butt without her input. Go Laura! You're the one who wore the prairie skirts in the family.

In other news: Nicole "gave birth" to a girl and named her Sunday Rose Kidman Urban. Because of this, I've decided to name my child: Half Past a Monkey's Aster S----. To be a star, I have to traumatize my child with an unusual name (especially since I have one). I kid, Nicole. My love is boundless.

No comments: