Sunday, July 13, 2008

Star Sighting

7/12/08, 7:10 p.m., 46th and 9th: I was about to get anesthetized at my pre-fortieth birthday party when I spotted Ray Bokhour, one of the charmingest, talentiest celebs of my generation (meaning he's in the vicinity of ancient the same way Dish is). He's been on Law & Order and is the guy whose head pops up over the computer in Changing Lanes (am waiting for dirt on Ben Affleck and Samuel L, but so far, Ray is mum and I've stopped caring anyway). He's been in commercials galore, comedy shows, and then on one afternoon when I was crying over some bozo, he made me laugh in I'm With Lucy (Monica Potter is so underrated). If dementia serves, he's now on Broadway in Chicago, no doubt dazzling audiences with his distinctive flair and unforgettable voice. RB is like one of those good omens, as is his equally enigmatic wife Christine, who is responsible for my newfound serenity thanks to acupuncture. Now that I'm forty, I am allowed to have run-on sentences.

Ps. Why do I love Sean Hayes? Because despite the fact that I proposed marriage to him on behalf of someone special (not me), he autographed a pic for me.

Pps. The big surprise from my brother: A photo shoot of me! The only thing better than being around a celebrity is to feel like one. I can't wait!

No comments: