Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Voice from the Past

I toiled over a Sudoku when my ear caught a familiar song. Two voices as one. It was: Barbra Streisand and Don Johnson's "Till I Loved You."

He was so cute then (cocaine) and, illegibly, they were an item. But my question: isn't it awkward to sing "I love you" in a song when you're kinda just having sex? Or does one ever just have sex with Barbra? Loving her is a given. I usually save the "I love you" for when the flu hits and I'm deluded enough to think nice words have a positive outcome. Babs does giggle at the end of the song, which could mean she's just kidding.

More importantly: Poor Don chose to start a singing career at his peak, much like Bruce Willis, Eddie Murphy, Patrick Swayze (better), and Al Pacino (just kidding--it's my fantasy).

No comments: