Monday, July 28, 2008

No Crash Diets

Dish is going through her usual pre-flight meltdown. I hate, hate, hate going anywhere but have been flying since I'm in the womb. This time, I'm bringing a portable DVD player and endless episodes of Will & Grace.

Since I may die in a mid-air collision tomorrow, I'll admit this: I like Denise Richards. I always have. She beguiled me first in that bland TV movie I Do, But I Don't. Then I watched her in that Neve Campbell, Kevin Bacon menage flick. Charlie Sheen also amuses me but only on screen. So last night, I caught reruns and the finale of Denise Richards: It's Complicated. It isn't complicated at all. She goes from one event to the next, eating scones, talking about how fat she is (I do the same thing), and she's afraid of flying as much as I am. Her distinctive laugh makes me laugh. I don't believe her hatred for the paps at all, or her sudden need to set the record straight (it's far more dignified to do it by deed than reality show, c'mon). Oh well, I still like her and support the expansion of her body mass. She could be like Belinda Carlisle in the 80s, pudgy and cute--always so much thinner than Dish.

No comments: