Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Karma is a Dish Served Cold!

It never helps to wish someone ill. Soon after DishDate's flat tire (a gift from The Goddess), the ceiling in the bathroom started leaking. A cabinet panel fell in the kitchen and Dishcat yakked holy hellfire on newly vacuumed carpet. Never fear, Dishfans, my package from Sephora arrived. I may be down, but I am never ugly.

Dishfriendsincechildhood came over to celebrate her 40th. We got mani/pedis, then ate mousse cake and watched the uplifting romantic comedy The Reader. Dishfriendsincechildhood chose the flick because she wanted to see Kate Winslet nekkid. Well, we both did. Within thirty minutes and because there was just not enough nudity to satisfy us, Dishfriendsincechildhood departed.

Do I watch the rest of The Reader or tread new ground with Secret Diary of a Call Girl? Hope that I'm not entering some lesbionic phase though this might help attract more urban reptiles. Or I'll read The New Yorker.

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

I hear that straight men like the whole lesbiatronic thing. Perhaps it will yield great results .. never really could figure those things out.

Dish said...

Me either and I suppress eyerolls. That's when I turn the tables and talk about Queer as Folk. They get quiet real fast--perhaps secretly intrigued? No one can resist Brian Kinney. No one.