Monday, February 15, 2010

Le Pain Quoti-Incompetent

I've been buying coffee at the Le Pain Quotidien in Chelsea since the day it opened. The first few times the baristas waited on someone who came in behind me, I let it go. At least at Starbucks, they say, "Who's next?" A simple question any moron can spew. But customer service doesn't seem to be important at this place. In the mornings to early afternoon, I get selective service. In late afternoon to early evening, I get the one who eyes me like I came from Neptune but at least he waits on customers in sequential order. All I usually want is a latte. I'm not ugly and I have $$$ to pay for my drink. Today, I walked out and I'm officially boycotting. Those f*ckers.

Saw Up in the Air and think it's worthy of an Oscar nom, especially if you compare it with the other sh*t that's out there. Good characters, somewhat predictable plot, but whatevs. I always want to hate George Clooney. He's just soooooo good-looking and smirky, Mr. I live in Italy and play pranks on Brad Pitt, make Julia Roberts giggle. Mr. I know the perfect thing to say and thrive on my beliefs in marriage. Mr. Let's do a telethon for every disaster because I care so much and like to show celebrities talking on the phone. Then he charms me and I get it. He was better in Michael Clayton, though.

How interesting, Senator Evan Bayh not running for re-election. Maybe Scott Brown can go over to his house and dry his soft, tender tears.

Dish is on a roll.

5 comments:

MD said...

Like mother like daughter. I too hate it when servers look above my head to take the order of the taller person (usually male) behind me. Didn't know that folks at Le Pain Quincompetent did that too. Why is this spreading? Thanks for the warning.

Dish said...

Day #2 of boycott: saved $3.70, as well as my dignity. (be quiet, JJ)

John Haracopos said...

Le Pain Quotidien? I love that your not a Starbucks girl! End the boycott, go in and be assertive! Tell the barista who's next; they are serving you! Take your respect and place in the world, you earned it!

As for Clooney, you forgot to add "Mr. I'm In Love With Mark Wahlbergs Ass & I Really Don't Do Chicks!"

Dish said...

Trust me, I shat a hairy canary when this mensa candidate chose a pinched couple to wait on before me. I did interrupt them and told them I was next, then they stopped and I said, "Just forget it!" and stormed out. And I wrote to customer service and will write to the president of the place. It's happened so many times, I can't take it anymore! (Maybe I'll get free coffee out of it)

Dish said...

I suspected George was into boys but I can't really say that, can I? OH! I JUST DID!