Sunday, February 07, 2010

Superbowl 'Bortion

J.J. can avert his eyes, but in case you haven't heard: Today is Superbowl Sunday, where a bunch of fat men in white tights run at each other and land in a sweaty heap. Dish has a freakish love of sports and will attend the silliness. The only bone I have to pick is over the anti-abortion commercial that will air. Shirley, the Tea Party is behind it. Must I remind everyone of the Pee Party? Dish will be drinking beer and whizzing throughout, pondering this great nation.

My biggest concern is over a little piece I read in The Post this morning: Who was caught canoodling but Meredith Ostrom (our beloved Nick Rhodes's girlfriend) and Topper (or Bopper or Poopsie) Tinsley Buckets Mortimer Puffcake. I'm only concerned for Nick's broken heart. Then again, he should know better than to hook up with someone so much younger and far more inclined to boink a Jonas Brother later on. Dish feels Meredith is crazy to stray from a Duran!

In personal news: TG sports a glow after brunch with my parents. He is all smiles, recounting parts of the event, even singing. He'll be away part of the weekend of Dishstepfather's birthday, but I envision him racing back to New York, love ballads playing in the car to make it in time to celebrate the birth of King Grumpus, his idol.

Update: Nick and Meredith are history as of year ago! Dish is obviously too focused on other things. Must catch up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you need to fear Nick's broken heart. Nick and Meredith actually broke up quite a while ago, over a year now. He has already had another girlfriend and broken up with her since his split with Meredith.

Dish said...

Thanks for the update, Anonymous! As you can tell, sometimes I subscribe to Yesterday's News because I'm Behind the Times.

Best wishes to Nick and his search for True Love. It's a many splendored thing, even if it takes freaking forever fo find.

DM said...

Hope Dish will no longer mention any CBS show or star.

John Haracopos said...

Hey Dish, Dishbrother is so fabulous!!!

HersheyKiss said...

DM, why are you boycotting CBS?

DM said...

Dear Hershey Kiss--Am never again tuning in because of the anti-women's rights advertisement (it was "tasteful," CBS argued) that made misogyny cute. Acceptance of this combined with its rejection of United Methodist Church's "We welcome everyone" (how untasteful!) and those fun ones with two guys to enraged me despite hormone replacement therapy. You may be sorry you asked, but there it is.

HersheyKiss said...

On the contrary, it's good to know. I'm not familiar with the examples you reference (maybe because I watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet?) but I trust your word and respect your opinion.