Friday, February 26, 2010

Serious Moonlight

My eyes have been assaulted so I had to call my life coach for crisis counseling. Just when Meg Ryan starts to look good again, she stars in Serious Moonlight. Note to Meg: Don't star in movies with Timothy Hutton. He's very good but far more enigmatic as the cool aged guy in suspenseful dramas. I now understand why Meg's career has plummetted since Proof of Life. The Rx is obvious: Meg needs Dish to choose her projects.

Okay, I'll share. Serious Moonlight is about a wife who duct-tapes her husband when she finds out he's cheating with a younger woman whose eyes are set too close together (Kristin Bell). At least Meg and Kristin are both blond. Any deviation from Hollywood-gold tresses would give me DTs. The story smells like French Kiss where Meg was similarly obsessed with Timothy Hutton. Kevin Kline, a talented actress/director and cast can't save this stinker. I only got through 15 minutes.

Oh, Meg. You have one last chance. Let Dish help you shine again.

No comments: