Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Book of Mormon

Sell yourself to get a seat to The Book of Mormon. It's one of the fresher musicals you'll find on Broadway. Don't see if you are extremely religious and have no sense of of humor. The people next to us stormed out when the tribesmen sang about effing babies. With the creators of South Park, one must always expect very twisted synapses (no farting except when dealing with dysentery which I thought was a pissing disease) and this delivers, in a watered-down, Broadway way. Great dancing, very good song-writing, full-bodied singing, inspirational message about faith, and I didn't notice the little microphones so much. I don't say this often about Broadway musicals, but I'd see it again. Standing ovation. My special favorite was: Rory O'Malley, the secretly gay one. He had a great stage face, which in this case, doesn't mean ugly but expressive.

My super-Christian grandparents took me to see The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. They might have liked this.

No comments: