Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

It's not often I receive angry comments but I did yesterday when I posted an Anderson Cooper sighting. The comment was disparaging me for posting private information, that he was on a street (with many witnesses), that celebrities deserve their privacy. I agree with this--to some extent. It's a public life and crazy people are everywhere. (The crazies even hurt anonymous people like Dish) By posting anything about AC, I don't mean to cause harm but to show excitement over seeing someone famous.

I never approach celebrities, tell them I love their work because I do respect privacy. I don't follow them or discuss on end what they are doing, though I do linger a bit too long on Duran Duran's Twitter and FB pages. It horrifies me that strangers approach them at all for autographs or to be disrespectful. Why break the 4th wall? They could ruin my fantasies with their potentially sh*tty personalities.

I apologize to Anderson Cooper for posting his vague whereabouts and who might have been around him. I try to keep this blog somewhat respectful and "nice." I like to give attention to people who deserve it and impart information that is already everywhere. It should be obvious I love most of the people I write about (maybe not Lindsay Lohan or Charlie Sheen, though most of this is disappointment over loss of talent), and I don't mean to feed stalkers.

So...why don't I just write glowing praise about fictitious people instead? No more celebrities. They get enough media attention and who needs them if they're not directly contributing to my income?

No more Anderson, Duran Duran, Julia, Kathy Griffin. Good thing I didn't post what J.J. said about Jessica Seinfeld. So, in this new direction, we'll start with Zelda, a magical three-legged dog, who wore special clown pants on her way to Easter services. Turned out she was Jesus reborn and could turn her whizz into Limoncello.

5 comments:

John Haracopos said...

Golden Shower Of Limoncello? Count Me In!!!

Anonymous said...

There was nothing wrong in what you posted about seeing Anderson yesterday, the same thing happens on Twitter nearly every hour. There are some odd people who follow Anderson Cooper and some of them become completely unhinged when anyone talks about his personal life. If you've been around the AC community for a few years, you know to ignore those people, but if you don't feel comfortable about posting celeb sightings now, that's your choice. I'm just sorry that you were rattled by a bunch of uptight, crazed Anderson fans who go all over the net and try to DEMAND that no one talks about him unless it's work related. If I were in your position, I'd continue to do what I was doing prior to getting those angry comments.

HersheyKiss said...

Most revered Dish, never fear, and certainly don't let a singular misguided comment de-rail the service you provide to humanity. There are people who see Glee as a big puddle of HIV. No big secret that Glee has gay characters, and no big secret what the show's about, so why watch? Using that analogy, it's pretty darn clear what your blog is about, and the simplest of us all can readily can back and read past entries to get a feel for the non-threatening tone that is consistent throughout. Much like the Glee critic, don't read it if you don't like it. Please don't deprive us of your observations and news reporting just because one individual doesn't quite get it. Given Anderson Cooper's sheer joy in performing with Kathy Griffin on New Years Eve, I sense he would be delighted to be seen, and just that: seen, and not stalked, not badgered and not molested, simply idolized. He is, after all, as cute as a bug's ear, much like Dish is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise contaminated environment of silliness.

Dish said...

Thank you, Anonymous and HersheyKiss. Your comments made all the difference. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Right on, Dish.