Saturday, April 30, 2011

Now Kate Can Eat Again!

I was worried about Kate Middleton's weight loss post-engagement but now she can dive into Hostess Cupcakes and Ding Dongs for all she's worth...until the British tabloids say the first nasty thing, which should be any second now.

Still riding the wave of joy over the royal wedding until I read an anti-monarchy quote from Morrissey. Freedom of speech is awesome, but he's so pissy. At least he doesn't live in Libya right now. I'd love to live in a country with all those freaking hats! Plus, all these children will have watched this wedding thinking that dreams can come true. They will realize that life sucks later on but it's nice to have a few moments of bliss with fancy dresses, ceremony, and crowds of well-wishers.

I remember being such a depressed teen in the 1980s. What did I listen to? Not The Smiths otherwise I might have jumped from my dorm room window. Morrissey was whiny and in his own poetic tormented world, sexually ambiguous which aroused my friends since androgyny was THE thing. I just hated him. In college, I met Morrisseys every second, so ghostly, pensive, tormented (usually very very rich). I was their psychiatrist and never had the favor returned when I was in dire straits. Sure, the royals live off the little people, but so do angsty musicians. There I said it--freedom of speech. I try not to hate anyone but No Exit for me is locked in a room with Morrissey.

The GOP Freak Show: Mitt Romney just made a poor choice of language with "hanging" something around Obama's neck, metaphorically speaking. The Donald is dropping F bombs at public appearances everywhere, showing his class. I highly doubt this will turn into a serious Presidential campaign. There are whisperings that Sarah Palin might be gearing up a Presidential run. I say, GO FOR IT! The most fun part is to watching all kinds of stupid. This country won't vote for a slimeball with a greasy comb-over...and it won't vote for a woman.

In more celebrity babies: Mad Men's skinny-minny January Jones is preggo and we're all waiting to hear who the father is (a la Padma Lakshimi). It's gonna come out sometime! Then again, it's no one business. Tell us anyway? Mariah Carey just gave births to her twins via scheduled C Section on her and Nick's anniversary. Sniff, sniff. It's so beautiful.

No comments: